Thursday, May 22, 2008

Places to Go, People to See

So, I'll be heading for the Comic-Salon Erlangen tomorrow. Mostly, after the pleasant experience at the Frankfurt Book Fair last year, I'm just looking forward to meeting a lot of comics people again.

The convention also marks the release of a couple of print publications I've contributed to, and which you can obtain in exchange for local currency. First up, there's the third Comicgate Magazin, to which I've contributed a few reviews:

Second, the sixth German volume of The Walking Dead is out, translated, as always, by yours truly:

I also see that Darko Macan is apparently going to be there. His run on Cable - and its successor Soldier X - with Igor Kordey is one of the most surreal, off-the-wall things Marvel have ever published, right up there with Howard the Duck, X-Statix and The Megalomaniacal Spider-Man, so I'll see if I can get a glimpse of the man.

All of which is to say, if you're on this side of the Atlantic, feel free to drop by and scold me for killing Vertigo, or something, over a pint. I should be hanging out around booth No. 49 at the main hall, along with the other fine folks of Comicgate.

So long.

No comments: