Friday, January 15, 2010

The Wash: 01/15/10

o I'm suddenly a lot less interested in Joe Casey's Iron Man 1.5 miniseries, after reading Diamond's "Product Changes" column from January 13 (temporary link):

• Iron Man 1.5 #1 (JAN100574), solicited as being written by Joe Casey with a cover price of $2.99, will now be written by Justin Theroux and Casey and carry a cover price of $3.99.

A co-writer and a price increase? Um, no thanks.

o This, on the other hand, will get a nice spot on my bookshelf: Joe Casey takes another shot at his favorite Marvel franchise in Avengers: The Origin, a five-part miniseries drawn by Phil Noto that debuts in April 2010.

o In response to the, excuse me, kerfuffle that erupted on the Internuts this week, Joss Whedon lists all the people involved in the matter who are Not Repugnant.

o Here's your meta best-of comics list for 2009, and here's your meta best-of comics list for the 2000s. I love this stuff.

o Also this week: I'm reviewing Daytripper, a new Vertigo series without werewolves by Gabriel Bá and Fábio Moon; and I'm running the numbers on Marvel's goofball attack on DC's plastic ring stunt.

No comments: